- Psy.D in clinical psychology from Baylor University
- M.A. in clinical psychology from Illinois State University
- B.A. in psychology from the University of Kansas
He has been a practicing psychologist since 1983.
- “Case studies of eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) with chronic post-traumatic stress disorder” in the journal, Psychotherapy, by Lipke and Botkin (1992).
- “The Induction of After-Death Communications Utilizing Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: A New Discovery,” appeared in the Journal of Near-Death Studies, Vol. 18, No. 3, Spring 2000.