Web Site Main Page

There is no time.

There is no space.

There is no separation.

Remote viewing test

Recordings of People
Now in the Afterlife

The Church and
Spirituality Today


Contact the author

There Is No Death.


Reports by unimpeachable sources

Accounts of after-death visitations by unimpeachable sources follow. The sources have been chosen because they are responsible, sane, intelligent, often highly educated people who are acknowledged by their peers. After you judge the reliability of the speakers, you must evaluate the content of their statements and allow what you learn to alter, if necessary, your view of reality.


The General Public

      Many might consider the general public naive and untrustworthy. However, their belief in the afterlife would be convincing testimony because encounters with the afterlife are personal, not objective. If the afterlife were a reality, we would expect that ordinary people would experience it.

      According to the latest Gallop poll 65% of the population believe in some sort of afterlife, 30% sit on the fence, and only 5% are hard-core skeptics (http://www.davidthompson.com.au/main.html). Other Gallup polls with lower figures still show 75% believing in the afterlife.

      A Gallup and Proctor poll in 1982 estimated that 5% of the adult population of the United States have had near-death experiences. Other studies put the number at 7.5%. Of those who have had NDEs, 64% believe them to be encounters with the afterlife. (http://www.nderf.org/nde_attitudes.htm)

      A broad range of studies of after-death communication have shown that around 40% of people say they have had an after-death communication experience, with the percentage as high as 70% or 80% for widows (http://web2.unt.edu/news/story.cfm?story=9441).

      From 70% to 98% (depending on the environment) of patients who undergo induced after-death communication report that they experience communication with their deceased love ones, with virtually all insisting that they actually communicated with them (Induced After Death Communication, Botkin and Hogan, 2005).

      What all the data mean is that to deny the existence of after-death communication is to believe that millions of Americans are lying or are lunatics. The more reasonable explanation is that the afterlife is real and imminent.

Recordings from the Afterlife

      A large number of recordings of voices from the afterlife is available to us today. They were produced by mediums who were tested under the tightest of controls. No researcher has found fault after hundreds of tests and careful monitoring of the seances. During the seances, recordings were made that exist today.

More about the direct-voice recordings

Victor J. Zammit's Web Site

Source: Victor J. Zammit, Esq.       Show Credentials

      Foremost in presenting the evidence for the afterlife, I must refer you to Victor J. Zammit's Web site, "A Lawyer Presents the Case for the Afterlife." In July 2006, Victor Zammit became part of materialization experiments in which people who have passed over spoke to a group and performed a number of feats. The meetings were tightly controlled so the voices and occurrences could not have been fabricated.

      Read an account of what occurred at this link.


An after-death visitation

Source: Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, M.D.       Show Credentials

This description was written by Michael Tymn ("DR. KUBLER-ROSS SEES AND TALKS WITH DEAD WOMAN," March 1, 2007. Retrieved from http://www.lightlink.com/arpr/tymn/Dr_Kubler_Ross.htm, May 17, 2007).

      In her book, On Life After Death, Dr. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, a pioneer in the study of the near-death experience (NDE), states that her first account of an NDE came from “a certain Mrs. Schwartz.” After being declared dead following 45 minutes of resuscitation attempts, Mrs. Schwartz began to show signs of life and was revived. She lived for another year-and-a-half, during which time she met Dr. Ross and related her experience during a seminar on death and dying at the University of Chicago.

      Some 10 months after Mrs. Schwartz’s death, Dr. Ross decided to discontinue the death and dying seminar. After giving her lecture on death and dying in a classroom, she was discussing shutting down the seminar with a minister who had worked with her in the program. As they approached an elevator, where the minister would leave her, Ross noticed a woman standing in front of the elevator. The woman looked familiar, but Ross could not immediately place her. As soon as the minister got on the elevator, the woman, who Ross described as being somewhat transparent, approached her and asked her if she could accompany her to her office. Dr. Ross came to realize that it was Mrs. Schwartz and began to question her own awareness.

      “This was the longest walk of my life,” Ross related. “I am a psychiatrist. I work with schizophrenic patients all the time, and I love them. When they would have visual hallucinations I would tell them.” She told herself that she was seeing Mrs. Schwartz but that it couldn’t be. She did a reality check on herself and wondered if she had seen too many schizophrenic patients and was beginning to see things herself.

      “I even touched her skin to see if it was cold or warm, or if the skin would disappear when I touched it. It was the most incredible walk I have ever taken, not knowing why I was doing what I was doing. I was both an observing psychiatrist and a patient.”

      When they reached Ross’ office door, Mrs. Schwartz opened it and told Ross that she had come back for two reasons, first to thank her and the Reverend Gaines, a former minister in the program, for the help they had given her, and, secondly, to ask her not to stop her work on death and dying.

      Ross got to her desk and did another reality check, touching her desk, chair, and a pen. “I was hoping she would disappear,” Ross continues the story. “But she didn’t. She just stood there and lovingly said, ‘Dr. Ross, did you hear me? Your work is not finished. We will help you and you will know when the time is right, but do not stop now. Promise?’”

      As a further test of her awareness or sanity, Ross asked the woman if she would write a note to Reverend Gaines. Mrs. Schwartz complied. She then got up from her chair, and said, “Dr. Ross, you promise,” to which Ross replied, “I promise.” With that Mrs. Schwartz disappeared.

      Ross kept the note and later told the story to many friends and associates. She considered having fingerprint and handwriting experts examine the note to see if they matched up with the fingerprints and handwriting of Mrs. Schwartz, but she never got around to it and eventually gave the note to the Rev. Renford Gaines. Researcher Boyce Batey later contacted Gaines, who had changed his name to Mwalimu Imara, in line with his African heritage, at the Boston Center for Religion and Psychotherapy, Inc. Imara informed Batey that because of various confidentiality concerns relative to Mrs. Schwartz and her family, he could not provide a copy of the note. However, he provided Batey with the exact wording, viz. “Hello there, Dropped in to see Dr. Ross. One of two on the top of my ‘list’. You being the other. I’ll never find or know anyone to take the place of you two. I want you to know, as I’ve told her, I’m at peace at home now. I want you to know you helped me. The simple Thank you is not enough. But please know how much I mean it. Thank you again. Mary Schwartz.”

      At the time, Dr. Ross was still very much the skeptic when it came to such things. “I didn’t believe in all that stuff,” she expresses her attitude at the time of the encounter with Mrs. Schwartz.

      Needless to say, Dr. Kübler-Ross would continue her work with the dying and would come to believe in a spirit world, becoming one of the world’s foremost authorities on death and dying.

      “Death is simply a shedding of the physical body like the butterfly shedding its cocoon,” she wrote. “It is a transition to a higher state of consciousness where you continue to perceive, to understand, to laugh, and to be able to grow.”


An after-death visitation

Source: Raymond Moody, M.D., Ph.D.       Show Credentials

Mr. Moody described his visitation from his paternal grandmother in his book, Reunions: Visionary Encounters with Departed Loved one (Ivy Books, 1993).

Dr. Moody:
      I was sitting in a room alone when a woman simply walked in. As soon as I saw her, I had a certain sense that she was familiar; but the event happened so quickly that it took me a few moments to gather myself together and greet her politely. Within what must have been less than a minute, I realized this person was my paternal grandmother who died some years before. l remember throwing my hands up toward my face and exclaiming, "Grandma!"
      At this point I was looking directly into her eyes, awestruck at what I was seeing. In a very kind and loving way she acknowledged who she was and addressed me with the nickname that only she had used for me when I was a child. As soon as I realized who this woman was, a flood of memories rushed into my mind. Not all of these were good memories. In fact many were distinctly unpleasant. Although my reminiscences of my maternal grandmother were all positive, those with my father's mother were a different matter.
      One of the memories that rushed into my mind was the annoying habit she had of declaring, "This is my last Christmas!" She did that every holiday season for the last two decades of her life.
      She also constantly warned me when I was young that I could go to Hell if I violated any of God's laws. She once washed my mouth out with soap for having uttered a word of which she disapproved. Another time when I was a child, she told me in all seriousness that it was a sin to fly in airplanes. She was habitually cranky and negative.
      Yet as I gazed into the eyes of this apparition, I quickly sensed that the woman who stood before me had been transformed in a very positive way. I felt warmth and love from her as she stood there and an empathy and compassion that surpassed my understanding. She was confidently humorous, with an air of quiet calm and joyfulness about her.
      The reason I had not recognized her at first was that she appeared much younger than she was when she died, in fact even younger than she had been when-I was born. I don't remember having seen any photographs of her at the age she seemed to be during this encounter, but that is irrelevant here since it was not totally through her physical appearance that I recognized her. Rather, I knew this woman through her unmistakable presence and through the many memories we reviewed and discussed. In short this woman was my deceased grandmother. I would have known her anywhere.
      I want to emphasize how completely natural this meeting was. As with the other subjects who had experienced an apparitional facilitation, my meeting was in no way eerie or bizarre. In fact this was the most normal and satisfying interaction I have ever had with her.
      Our meeting was focused entirely on our relationship. Throughout the experience I was amazed that I seemed to be in the presence of someone who had already passed on, but in no way did this interfere with our interaction. She was there in front of me, and as startling as that fact was, I just accepted it and continued to talk with her.
      We discussed old times, specific incidents from my childhood. Throughout, she reminded me of several events that I had forgotten. Also she revealed something very personal about my family situation that came as a great surprise but, in retrospect makes a great deal of sense. Due to the fact that the principals are still living, I have chosen to keep this information to myself. But I will say that her revelation has made a great deal of difference in my life, and I feel much better for having heard this from her. .
      I say heard in an almost literal sense. I did hear her voice clearly, the only difference being that there was a crisp, electric quality to it that seemed clearer and louder than her voice before she died. Others who'd had this experience before described it as telepathic or "mind to mind communication." Mine was similar. Although most of my conversation was through the spoken word, from time to time I was immediately aware of what she thinking and I could tell that the same was true for her.
      In no way did she appear "ghostly" or spectral during our reunion. She seemed completely solid in every respect. She appeared no different from any other person except that she was surrounded by what appeared to be a light or an indentation in space, as if she were somehow set off or recessed from the rest of her physical surroundings.
      For some reason, she would not let me touch her. Two or three times I reached to give her a hug, and each time she put her hands up and motioned me back.
      She was so insistent about not being touched that I didn't pursue it.
      I have no idea how long this meeting lasted in clock time. It certainly seemed like a long time, but I was so engrossed in the experience that I didn't bother to look at the clock. In terms of thoughts and feelings that passed between us, it seemed like a couple of hours, but I have a feeling that it was probably less than that in what we consider to be "real" time.
      And how did our meeting end? I was so overwhelmed that I just said, "Good-bye." We acknowledged that we would be seeing each other again, and I simply walked out of the room. When I returned, she was nowhere to be seen. The apparition of my grandmother was gone.
      What took place that day resulted in a healing of our relationship. For the first time in my life I now appreciate her humor and have a sense of some of the struggles she went through during her lifetime. Now I love her in a way that I didn't before the experience.
      It also left me with an abiding certainty that what we call death is not the end of life.
      I realize how people can assume that these apparitional facilitations are hallucinations. As a veteran of altered states of consciousness, I can say that my visionary reunion with my grandmother was completely coherent with the ordinary waking reality that I have experienced all my life. If I were to discount this encounter as hallucinatory, I would be almost obliged to discount the rest of my life as hallucinatory too.


Research studies showing survival of consciousness after death

Abstracts of research studies showing that mediums are able to communicate with people who have died follow. The sources have been chosen because they are the result of very carefully constructed methodologies. After you judge the reliability of the data, you must evaluate the findings and allow what you learn to alter, if necessary, your view of reality.


Evidence that the medium knew factual information when no source was available to provide it except the deceased

Source: "Evidence of Anomalous Information Retrieval between Two Mediums: Telepathy, Network Memory Resonance, and Continuance of Consciousness." Gary E.R. Schwartz and Linda G.S. Russek, Department of Psychology, The University of Arizona. Journal of the Society for Psychical Research, Volume 65.4, October 2001.
      Show Credentials

The study

This account of the study is from Messages: Evidence for Life after Death, by George E. Dalzell, L.C.S.W.

On December 17, 2000, Laurie Campbell, a medium, participated in a carefully controlled study of whether she could receive impressions about someone who was deceased. A description of the study follows.

Gary Schwartz, Ph.D., and Linda G. Russek, Ph.D., from the University of Arizona, set up the research design. They arranged to have the medium attempt to "read" a person unknown to her, whom we'll refer to as the subject. "Reading" means she would attempt to receive impressions about someone connected to the subject who was deceased. To eliminate any nonverbal cues, the person was not in the same city as the medium during the reading. Part of the reading would be done before the medium even spoke to the subject. The rest was to be in a dialogue over the phone. The medium was not told who the person was. She had no way to know anything about the person, even sex, age, or location.

For this study, the person to be read was George E. Dalzell, L.C.S.W., from whose book, Messages, this account was taken. He was to have three deceased people in mind. The researchers, Schwartz and Russek, knew who the subject was, but were not told who the deceased people would be. Only the subject knew that, and he was in a different city.

This was the process used in the study

  1. The medium sat in a room and began to meditate, thinking about the person she was to read. The researchers wanted to see whether, before having any contact with the subject by phone, the medium could receive impressions about the subject or the deceased relative. The subject was to spend the time inviting the deceased to communicate to the medium.

  2. After a half hour of meditation and no contact with the subject, the researchers brought a phone into the room and set up a Sony digital video camera to record everything that would happen next.

  3. The researchers called the subject, but put the phone on mute so the subject could not hear anything for ten minutes. The researchers gave the phone to the medium to hold. The purpose was to see whether having this connection with no communication would result in any impressions about the subject's deceased loved ones.

  4. For ten minutes, the medium spoke about her impressions of the person being read and those deceased he had chosen for the reading. The statements were recorded on the Sony digital video camera.

  5. After ten minutes of creating this spoken record, the phone was taken off mute and the medium described her impressions into the phone, but the subject did not respond to keep his sex and any other cues from contaminating the reading. As a result, the medium continued to know nothing about the person she was reading. She described to the subject what she had received during the pre-reading meditation period.

  6. After that period of the medium reporting to the subject, the format was changed so the subject could speak with the medium and the two had a dialogue in which the medium shared new impressions about the deceased.

  1. After the reading was finished, the subject identified the deceased he had invited to come through as the following: a dear friend who was his companion, Michael, another friend, Jerry, his Aunt Alice, and his father, Bob.

  2. During the ten minutes when she held the phone but the subject could not hear her and she had not yet spoken to the subject, she described the following impressions (recorded on the Sony digital video):

    • She said the reading was for a male subject named George.
    • She said the primary deceased person was a dear partner of George named Michael.
    • She said there was a deceased person named Alice.
    • She said there was a deceased person named Bob.
    • She said there was a deceased friend named Jerry.
    • She said there was a deceased friend named "Talya."
    • She said there was a small deceased dog belonging to the subject with "an S name near water and a tree."

    Despite having no contact with the subject, even over the phone, the medium was correct about the subject's name, the deceased person's name who was a dear partner, Aunt Alice's name, father Bob's name, and Jerry's name.

    After hearing the medium say "Talya" and "a small dog with an S name near water and a tree," the subject explained that he did have a friend, Talya, who had passed away. He also said he had a small dog who had passed away, whose name began with an S (Sonya), and who was buried by a large oak tree at the family cottage directly on a lake.

  3. During the dialogue the medium had with the subject, additional information came out. Four pieces of information were not meaningful to the subject, but were later confirmed to be true. That means the medium was not simply reading the subject's mind. Some of the information also indicates concerns the deceased had, meaning that the medium was receiving messages from a living person, although deceased, who continued to be in touch with the family. That information also was not known to the subject until relatives were asked about it.

    This is the information:

    • The medium said Michael was describing a "monastery-like place" of "century-old stones" near the river on the way to Michael's home in the country. The subject did not know what that referred to.

      After the reading, the subject called Michael's family, who live in Kirschfurt, Germany, and discovered not only that an old church is beside the river Main on the way to their home, but that they had held a service for Michael at this very church a few weeks before the experiment was conducted.

    • Aunt Alice told the medium that she was experiencing sorrow and concern for her granddaughter, Katherine, who was "out of control" and receiving some kind of "healing."

      After the reading, the subject called Katherine's mother and learned that her daughter was indeed having trouble and had sought psychological counseling a week before the experiment.

    • The subject was convinced that the medium had spelled Katherine's name wrong. He believed that the correct spelling was Catherine. To his surprise, he later learned that the medium had got it right, meaning she was not reading his mind.

    • Jerry showed the medium that he had lived on the East Coast, in Brooklyn. The subject did not know where Jerry had lived, so he couldn't confirm that.

      After the reading, the subject called one of Jerry's friends and learned that Jerry had lived in Brooklyn, New York, before moving to Manhattan, where he later met the subject.


In the scientific paper Schwartz and Russek wrote on this research reading (Schwartz and Russek, 2001), the researchers calculated that the probability of the medium getting this information about Michael and the subject's other friends and family correct by chance alone was less than one in 2.6 trillion.

The results show that

  1. A medium can receive impressions about people who are deceased without even being in the presence of the subject.
  2. The information was precise, meaning it could not result from guessing.
  3. The messages contained information not known to the subject, so the medium was not reading the subject's mind.
  4. Some messages had very personal messages describing occurrences in people's lives, meaning they were from the living consciousness of the deceased who are still part of life, just in a different form.




Copyright © 2006 greaterreality.com